This week on Facebook Live, Katey and I talked about how we communicate and collaborate with one another and as a team of 10 here at Music Therapy Connections. We shared 4 mobile apps that we rely on for these purposes, which I’m outlining below so that you have the direct links at your fingertips.
As we mentioned in the video, Katey and I have very limited time to powwow together in the studio, which is why these apps come in so incredibly handy. The essentials in our technology toolbox include:
- Google Docs – We use Google docs and spreadsheets to collaborate on meeting notes, schedules, and various spreadsheets. The coolest feature is that you can edit a Google doc at the same time and see each others’ changes happening right in front of your eyes.
- Dropbox – this is our go-to tool for sharing and working on files together. To make this process as streamlined as possible, we use the same programs, apps and templates (such as Pages for Mac) so that there are no formatting issues.
- Trello – We are in LOVE with this project management app, which allows us to organize projects, ideas, and checklists.
When it comes to communicating as a team, our #1 tool is Slack. Some of the features include:
- group channels to talk about certain topics with specific team members
- file sharing within a group
- direct messaging & group messaging
Slack works very similarly to texting, because it shows up on your mobile device as well as within the web app. But what sets it apart is that it is searchable — so convenient! Slack has greatly reduced the amount of email we send within our team.
What are YOUR favorite tools for communicating and keeping all of your collaborative projects organized?