Music Therapy Connections is growing again! We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated music therapist to round out our team. Applicants must be willing to work with various populations in individual and group settings and also be comfortable teaching adapted and traditional music lessons.
Potential settings in which this music therapist would work include: schools (K-12), behavioral health center (ages 3-18), older adult facilities, early childhood groups, and in-clinic music therapy sessions.
In addition to clinical work and teaching, this position would include administrative work with the potential to move into the position of music therapy manager.
This opportunity is based in Springfield, Illinois. Individual and group services may be provided in the company’s main office as well as locations throughout the central Illinois area.
Job Title: Board-Certified Music Therapist/Lesson Instructor/MT Office Administrator
Location: Springfield, IL
Start Date: Flexible (June 3, 2019 at the earliest)
- MT-BC credential (or eligible to sit for exam prior to start date)
- Emphasis on improvisational clinical skills and flexible treatment approaches
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable car
Please email your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.